Monday, April 19, 2010

Physical Representation. [WIP 3]

Hello, i redid my leds to a bigger scale for my last part of the application's movement - I'm Here.
I solder the leds according to the instructions from instructable.com. It supposed to be like this, but i mixed up the negative and positive position of the leds so ended up something like this but is still a 8 x 10 leds matrix.

Took me around 4days to finished up the whole thing, i guess i am slow when it comes to all this circuits and soldering. Soldering is not easy and almost got me crazy but i did it in the end, i'm very happy and kinda think that soldering is fun.

Soldering the leds, anode all facing up and cathode down.
Solder all the anode leads in a row first.

My tiny workstation.

Kinda in trance while soldering later on.
Sorry no photos taken about the connecting cathode column.
This is the multiplexing.

Later on connect all the necessary wires to the arduino board.
Make sure you know which row or column goes to which pin.
And it works! Blink!
Here i follow the tutorial from this site

Leds matrix in the installation.
This photo credit goes to Khairul Anwar.

Sadly, me and xavier unable to connect the leds matrix to communicate with the processing. Any suggestions? From one pc connects with the leds matrix retrieve data from another pc with processing (input data from users) will affect the leds. This is what i trying to achieve for now.

0 comments: