Saturday, March 13, 2010

Technical Progress. [Tangible]

After much figuring out the circuit for the sensor, finally it works. :)

Built the sensor according to the circuit by Collin's Lab from Maker Shed
and modified from there.


This is the circuit plan. I think.
I suck at logic/complicated thing..and this is easy but hard for my brain. cough.
Took me some time to get it.


Left finger to detect because our heart locate at left side of the body. I guess. 


Hearbeats detected!

But the result is not that accurate. I found out that guy's heartbeat 
is easier to detect than girl's. They have stronger heartbeats?


So, to get a better heartbeats result, the second set of codes from Ming Li were modified:
1. To get more accurate heartbeats ( because i dont have the amplifier)
2. To get the bpm and value of the heartbeats because the codes from Ming Li does not calculate that. Why the value? To store as data of each individual's bpm.

Here is what i get so far:


Starting

After 10 sec +


As you can see, the value is dropping and hopefully to the exact rate of individual's heart beats rate. Still experimenting at this stage.


To be continued.

0 comments: