Friday, December 4, 2009

Idea Development #1 [This is it!]

When everything fails, just keep moving forward. Inspired by my fren's facebook status "..follow your intuition.". Sometimes idea just pop out from the littlest thing. Finally now i can move on with my idea!!

After last week consultation, lecturer got me questioning myself: what kind of data i wanted to collect for my project? How is it going to show my idea? That time i wasn't sure yet...cause i thought mine was like the total rip off from this awesome artist and was too general in a way.

Lately i have some muscle tickling problem on my palm, and it sync with my heartbeats. I think is quite disturbing for me cause it lasted for quite a long time. So i googled around and i found this very cool project by Makezin in youtube:


Infrared Heartbeats Sensor! It able to detect the bloodflow in our fingers which shows the heart pumping the blood and so, the beats of the heart are able to be retrieved into data form.

And back to the question, why would i want to collect heartbeats? Because all human beings they have feeling and emotion. Our heartbeats reflect back to the different type of feelings that we are feeling. It betray us sometimes, but our heart never tells a lie.

Like i say in my essay, human are like computer now, we just accept and deliver information. Data transfer in bytes, megabytes, bit by bit, just like our heartbeats. We all connecting with each other with our heartbeats.

Pulse rate of our heart can be determine by simple time calculation. For my installation, here is the overall idea:

My post-it ideas.

Wormhole connect two different world like veins connect to heart. The greater the hearbeats bring us closer to the future. When our heart stop, we literally stop. Staying alive and pumping fast takes us further.

i. Collect positive feeling heartbeats to move forward, negative heartbeats slow down the process.
ii. Different movement/methodology to visualize the data.
iii. Crowdsourcing.


* Like what Dr.Khoo said, it might not be a global thing,for this installation people in the exhibition will be the contributor of the data. i think.
*Not changing my proposal, just add-on of what data i wanted to collect. :)
* Yes, the post-it notes are too small and blur, need a scanner!

0 comments: